Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Potential Opening Idea?!

Hi guys, so for my media project, although not certain, I wanted to make film about a soldier who returns home from war. While in bed, the soldier begins to experience flashbacks of the war, better known to most people as PTSD, a common disease many soldiers experience after war. The group we are trying to present is all the veterans that have returned from the war with PTSD. Our film can be an informative-action piece on PTSD.

With media, statistics are given about veterans. Many of these statistics include the percentage of homeless veterans, or the number of veterans that come home each year having suffered from PTSD.
According to an article I read, about 40% of homeless people in the United States are veterans. The article also stated that there are about 1.4 million homeless veterans scattered around the United States. I find these statistics to be absurd, and I wish I could be naive and pretend that they are fake numbers, but they are not. This is an extremely serious issue occurring in then United States.

With my concern, I cannot counter these statistics, and I believe they are relatively correct. I see many advertisement on TV about homeless veterans and always hear about veterans who can’t obtain a job due to their PTSD and therefore remain homeless in the streets. As Miami is a heavily dense, metropolitan area, there are many homeless folks around, and there are many of these homeless veterans are seen holding cardboard boxes that state their situation. This deeply saddens me as these men and women risked their life to protect ours and now the American people aren’t combating the stereotype and are not influencing any change on what is happening.

In our film, we would not challenge anything, we would just inform and explain the side effects of these men and women that come from war and experience extreme side effects and the American people are indifferent to the problem. We want to keep the message of the film short and concise, and we can only hope that everyone who views our film will understand the message, and take part in making our whorls a better place for everyone to live and prosper, especially the veterans who risked their lives to protect ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

Here is the link to my CCR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO5Mq01Cx3U